Sunday, April 25, 2010

41st Day - A Blustery Day. Oh Dear... De, De, De...Dear, Dear

I thought that this was going to be a good day for the Badlands as the Sun was shining and the temperature was in the low 50s when I awoke. As I got closer and closer to the Badlands it became overcast and the wind was just unbelievable. On this trip one cannot let the weather get you though. I believe they say, carry on!
Gasoline prices in South Dakota were typically $2.94 per gallon, not the highest but not the lowest either.
I now have an excuse to buy a new Cardinal hat, mine is presently at the bottom of the Badlands National Park. It was either my hat or me. Since I am writing this blog, one can tell which one I chose. I thought I was going to get arrested by the Park Ranger for littering. What would Brian have done to me?
I am planning on adding another state to my count tomorrow, one I have never been in, North Dakota. I am going to have to put a few miles on from now on to get to St Looie.
For now it is time for beddiebye!
The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. Why Pooh Bear...glad it was the hat...you should be careful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get a new hat.....maybe you should get one with a chin strap! :-) I can picture a snake with a Cards hat on roaming the Badlands....

    ReplyDelete