Monday, April 5, 2010

22nd Day - Awesome Redwoods & Oregon

Temperature was in the mid 40s today. Did not encounter any snow but it did rain off and on. I am expecting that this type of weather will persist for the next week or so.
I really enjoyed driving on the Howland Hill Dirt Road through Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park. It seemed at first that I was the only one on the road but there are other nature lovers as I found out.
I paid more for gasoline today at $3.25 per gallon. As soon as I drove into Oregon, the prices dropped below $3.00 a gallon though. I had to buy it in California though as I was getting to my low end of a 1/4 of a tank.
It is hard to believe that I am in my 4th week of the trip. It really is going fast.
It is off to see the Spruce Goose and Mt. St. Helens tomorrow!
Signing off!
The Traveller

1 comment:

  1. I am psyched to see the 'Goose'.....Howard was a bit demented, but was a genius nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete