Tuesday, March 23, 2010

9th Day - Texas is one Big State

It was another beautiful day. Temperature did not quite make the 80F mark as predicted but 79F isn't bad. Bro has not mentioned the temperature at home the last few days.
I am loving the 80 MPH speed limit in Western Texas. This will add to my plan on reaching New Mexico tomorrow. Not sure why the highway alternates between tar and stone and then concrete but there sure is a lot of rubber from blown tires along and in the road though.
Am enjoying the trip and the log keeps be busy in the evening. I have Mike to thank for that. I know there is still along way to go but there are still many things to see and do.
Two time zones by the next entry.
Night everyone!
The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave....it has been cold and rainy for the past few days....today(3/24) we are at 54 degrees with sunshine...its like heaven after 2 days with cold temps and rain...we had black ice this morning and an 18 car pile up on ramps to 490....I am loving your pics...they are great...I'd like to visit western Texas and see what you are talking about....also the Alamo...I would love the 80 mph also...you get there faster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Antonio looks beautiful I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. It was in the 60's here today so that was nice but the rest of the week looks bleak! with the time difference we'll have to wait until the weekend to talk to you online. A speed limit of 80,, yikes!,,, drive careful!

    ReplyDelete