Friday, May 14, 2010

60th Day - Home at Last.....I'm Home at Last

The temperature was in the mid 50s this morning and overcast. It really warmed up very quickly and later in the afternoon it rose to 86F. I have to say this tied the hottest temperature during the 60 Day trip. Go figure!
I spent the morning at the Gettysburg Battlefields. Although it was very interesting, I enjoyed Antietam more. It seems to me there are way too many Monuments on the Gettysburg Battlefields that take away the mystique of the grounds.
Gasoline prices in Pennsylvania were $2.79 per gallon. This was better than most states I visited in the pass 60 Days.
The final day driving mileage was 261 miles which translated into a total mileage for the return trip East of 9354 miles. The average mileage for the return trip East was 292 miles per day. Total mileage for the trip was 16,714 miles. By the way I arrived at the house at 4:08 P.M.
I plan on putting some additional facts on the trip to my readers at a later time. I just want to take some quiet time for a few days for now!
Until then, I am signing off as:
The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. I think I will miss checking you out every day to see the pics that you have shared with us along the way...welcome home...enjoy your rest...and thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....we will miss the daily updates. Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete